What's The Best Wheel Stop For You?
So you have a job on or your need a rubber wheel stop for your own use? In this blog we’ll go over why you should be using TKO Bollards Rubber Wheel Stops
Plastic vs Rubber
Designed to fit the needs of a personal area such as a home garage, it’s common knowledge that the plastic wheel stop is inferior to both the concrete and rubber variety due to the inability for the stop to withstand multiple interactions with vehicles.
We do not stock the plastic wheel stop – it’s something we tried but decided for best value to our customers and adhering to ASNZS we stick with the compliant concrete and rubber wheel stops.
The Rubber Wheel Stop is a tried and true form of car park, vehicle and pedestrian safety. The reason for the preference to the rubber wheel stops are numerous but we have listed some key reasons below:
- They offer the perfect middle ground between plastic and concrete variety.
- They are very light compared to the concrete variety, but heavier than the plastic ones.
- They can be easily transported and installed, they do an effective job of stopping vehicles from bumping into walls.
- They are light and it takes just one person to load and unload rubber car park wheel stops.
- Since they are easy to carry around from one place to another, carrying out repairs and maintenance around them is not a hassle. On the other hand, working around bulky blocks of concrete stops can be tricky. The best part about rubber stops is that they do not chip like the concrete variety. Even if a car accidentally goes over them, they won’t break and crack. That makes them long-lasting and you get the true value for money.
Additionally, Rubber Wheel Stops are dyed in highly visible colours (Yellow and Black) and TKO Bollards rubber wheel stops have a added texture that helps drain water quicker from the stops allowing less potential slipping hazards.
Our Rubber Wheel Stops are made from Recycled Rubber – this gives you the ability to save money and still receive a top-quality product.
We also make sure that the fixings that we sell will withstand the pressure and harsh conditions that these wheel stops face, so we offer high quality fixings for both bitumen and concrete.